Frequently Asked Questions
Do Manasi 7 produce in a sustainable way?
The collection consists of carefully selected beauty products and contemporary shades that are made in a slow pace and an environmentally friendly way from the beginning to the end of the production cycle. The collection is made with high quality natural, wild harvested and certified organic ingredients in small batches to ensure premium quality. The products are highly concentrated and designed to last for a while. We work exclusively with independent small-scale sub-contractors in our production cycles that source ethically and we produce our products in small quantities, therefore our waste and environmental impact is very limited. We focus on quality ahead of quantity.
Do Manasi 7 use only natural and organic ingredients?
We use primarily natural/naturally derived and certified organic ingredients. But we also use some nature identical ingredients approved by the Cosmos organic standard. We also use natural colour pigments primarily, but when we cannot achieve the desired colour, we also use a very small amount of synthetic pigments.
Do Manasi 7 use palm oil in the products?
We do not use any palm oil in our products. However there may be some ingredients that have been derived from palm oil, but we ensure that in this case we only use certified sustainable palm oil derivatives (CSPO) according to the Cosmos certification standards. But we are always primarily developing formulas without any content of palm oil derivatives.
How do I store my Manasi 7 products?
Store in temperatures between (15°C-20°C) and keep away from direct sunlight and heat.
Are the Manasi 7 products allergy tested?
There might be different reasons for skin to reaction to a product. Some people are sensitive or allergic to specific ingredients, natural or not. Skin might react with some redness at first, but this ususally passes once the skin has been used to the product. Another very common reason is due to imbalances internally such as hormonal imbalances making skin suddenly react after using a product that has been used many times before.
Are the products vegan?
We avoid synthetic raw materials. There can be a lot of misconceptions that vegan beauty products are free from synthetic ingredients and are therefore immediately better. This isn’t necessarily always the case. All synthetic and petrochemical ingredients are vegan and vegan beauty products can include synthetic raw materials, pigments, preservatives, fragrances and formula fillers. Our products can be vegan or non-vegan, but we always use the best possible compositions of ingredients for the intended use. By using organic beeswax for example (which is considered non-vegan) you contribute to a more sustainable bee farming which is important for the whole eco-system. Beeswax is produced by the incredibly industrious honeybee, not by man. It is a sustainable, eco-friendly product, which is harvested alongside honey. Bees not only produce honey and wax, but also act to naturally pollinate crops, thus reducing the need for chemical fertilizers and increasing organic crop yields. The more beeswax that are used, the more bees, the better for the environment.
Are the products cruelty free?
Our products are cruelty-free, that means we do not perform any animal testings on neither our products nor ingredients, since it is against our principals and also prohibited by law in the EU.
Are the shades exactly the same from batch to batch?
Since our products are made with natural delicate ingredients that has different benefits during their time of harvest this can sometimes allow for subtle variations in shades in different batches during production. We always aim for batches to be as alike as possible when applied to the skin and that means that the shades could vary slightly visually in the jar from batch to batch.
Are the packagings made of plastic?
We try to avoid virgin plastic as much as possible. We can reduce the environmental impact. We offer sustainable packagings produced in a slow pace and designed to last. The concept of reduce, reuse and recycle is a viable strategy for supporting Manasi 7´s sustainability objectives and we encourage you to handle your packagings with care and reuse them. Reuse is a way to prevent waste from entering the waste stream. The reusability of packagings is an important step towards a more sustainable way of producing beauty products. Source reduction, including reuse, can help reduce waste disposal because it reduces waste management of recycling, municipal composting, landfilling, and combustion. Source reduction also conserves resources and reduces pollution, including greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming.
We use reusable and recyclable handcrafted custom designed paper boxes. The material is high quality sustainable paper that can have extended life. The paper material that is used is derived from wood that grows in sustainably managed forests. Save your paper box, take good care of it and fill it with jewellery or anything else of preference. The production cycle emphasizes on minimizing the environmental footprint.
Our plant-based reusable jars and compacts are made with a 40% bio sourced raw material, optimized carbon footprint and 100% recyclable. The plant-based cellulose material that is used for making these packagings is derived from wood that grows in sustainably managed forests, PEFC and FSC certified combined with a mix of durable materials from renewable sources not originated from the petroleum industry. Reuse the jars and fill it with a skin balm or anything else of preference. Perfectly sized jars for travel or carrying in your handbag.
White jars and black compacts
- They are made by one material, both lid and jar.
- They are 100% recyclable and actually biodegradable, but that don´t happen in weeks, so the first thing we encourage is to reuse, second option is recycle. They can´t be recycled with plastics at the moment as they are not of plastic material. The same actually goes for all perfume and cosmetics caps. The industry standard screen size loses materials less than appr 2 inches to a non-plastics stream, causing contamination in that stream, or directly to waste. These small packages are lost to the plastic recycling stream. That is something to take into consideration as well.
- The packagings cannot be recycled together with plastics since it is not plastic, But since the product benefits from recycling systems, they are able to be sorted and recycled through recycling facilities such as Terracycle that accept this material. Finally, it should be said that to produce one ton of this material, 1.14 ton of CO2 is emitted, which is still three times less than to make one ton of mass-produced thermosets. If you cannot recycle you can discard them in your regular waste bin as the main component is cellulose.
- They are primarily reusable more than recyclable as we believe you will make most out of the packagings and that prevents materials for entering the waste stream.
- The loose powder jars packagings are made of plastic and are fully recyclable.
- The mascara packaging is made of recycled and recyclable glass and the cap is made of recycled and recyclable plastic.
Are the products gluten-free?
Yes, we do not have any wheat or gluten in our formulas, but we cannot assure whether it is free from any trace amount from production.
Are the products GMO-free?
Are the products fragrance-free?
Most of the products are fragrance free, but some products we have added a subtle fragrance so that the natural scent from the natural oils and pigments is reduced.
Do Manasi 7 use talc in any of the products?
Most of our products are talc-free, but we use it in our Skin enhancer. Talc is a natural earth clay mineral that provides great texture and colour. We only use talc exclusively from the mines in Prali that produce what many considers being “the best and purest talc in the world” and it is asbestos-free. We do not use talc in its loose form. We are reformulation our Skin enhancer to be talc-free starting Q1 2022.
Are the products safe to use during pregnancy?
How is the natural Mica sourced?
This is a very difficult issue and we are in constant battle with our ingredients suppliers to make sure that the MICA is ethically sourced and produced. If we dont use MICA our textures will not perform well at all, we have tried substitutes, even synthetic mica although we are a natural/organic brand. The solution for us was to use MICA from Northern Europe, which guarantees that no child labour is used and hence the much higher price which reflects on our products price point.
SHIPPING, DELIVERY AND RETURNS
Do Manasi 7 ship worldwide?
We ship to most countries but with some exceptions such as where global freight companies do not normally deliver or special circumstances.
Do Manasi 7 offer different shipping methods?
We offer different shipping methods as specified in our online shop and at check out. Some restrictions in the delivery may occur. Freight forwarders used are Postnord for Sweden and Fedex and DHL for the rest of the world.
What is the shipping cost?
The shipping cost will be added to your order in accordance with your chosen delivery method stated in the online shop. For orders staring at 150 EUR and above we offer free shipping excluding potential import charges such as for example customs duty and or taxes where this may apply.
Can i cancel my order?
Once your order is made it cannot be cancelled.
Can i return an ordered product that is not faulty?
- Our refund policy lasts 14 days if you are located within EU. Outside of EU all products are final sale and no returns or exchanges are accepted unless you received a faulty item. Eu-based customers can decide to return or exchange the purchase within 14 days of receiving your package. We only accept items that are not opened or damaged in any way and your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. Opened or damaged products or packagings are not eligible for refunds.
- E-mail us at email@example.com and request a return or an exchange item for any unwanted items within 14 days of the date on which you have received the package. include your order number, reason for the return and pictures of the product. Please also include your name, e-mail address and phone number so that we can contact you, if necessary.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your return is approved.
- After the approval, send us back the package and mark the package with the order number and send it back to us. Ship and return the products by a secure transport to the address below. If you are shipping an item over €50, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. Send an e-mail marked “Change product” to firstname.lastname@example.org, state your order number and describe which product and shade you are returning and what shade and product you wish to receive in exchange.
- Pack the goods you want to return safely in the original outer box or equivalent. Make sure the package is well sealed. 3. Clearly mark the returning parcel “RETURNED GOODS”, to shorten handling time and for international returns to avoid customs charges.
- The exchange product or the purchase refund will be sent when the package is returned to Manasi 7 and has been inspected.
- Send your return packages to:
Manasi 7 AB
11353 Stockholm Sweden
Phone:+46 (0) 76019 90 51
Can i return or get a refund for a faulty or damaged product?
Yes, please e-mail email@example.com with your order number, reason and evidence (usually picture) of the faulty or damaged product and we will help you. To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.